Sunday, January 08, 2006

Backing Up Site Definitions in Dreamweaver

Backing Up Site Definitions in Adobe Dreamweaver @ MX DEVELOPER'S JOURNAL

This is very important and worth your few minutes of time to do. Back these up to a separate location with the rest of your backups (you DO backup regularly, don't you???) If your computer crashes, you should be able to reinstall your site definitions, download your sites from the web server, and be balc in business.

Now, are you backing up your data?? If you are on a school or work network and saving to the network drive, you should be protected. Hopefully, the higher-ups are backup up the networks daily and removing those backups OFFSITE!! When I back up my home computer, I make another copy and bring it to work. That way, I always have a copy away from my home, just in case.

Something to think about....I back my system up to a portable hard drive that is very inexpensive. I use free software that only backs up the new data. Then, every so often I back it all up to DVD and make an extra copy. That copy goes to work with me. Don't forget to back up your desktop, your bookmarks, and other files that might not be in My Documents.

No comments: